We are travelers and travel bloggers. Here at this blog, we'll tell you about places we've been that we think will be of interest to other travelers. Whether on the road in our RV, taking a non-RV vacation or simply investigating our local surroundings, we are constantly discovering new places and things to do, and we love sharing those discoveries with you.
I is for Ile d'Orleans, Quebec
Old Quebec City is our favorite city - we call it Our Paris. Just east of the city is a small island in the Saint Lawrence River called Ile d'Orleans. It is a magical place that feels like you have stepped back in time. We stayed at Camping Orleans in Saint Francois for two weeks.
The island is peppered with farms. In summer you'll be buying bluettes (blueberries) and framboise (raspberries) from farm stands along side the road. In fall you'll buy apples or pick your own. There is a Chocolaterie (chocolate shop) and a Fromagerie (cheese shop), as well as a few galleries, restaurants and shops. There are also several beautiful churches in the villages - well worth going inside to see.
You just drive a circle around the circumference of the island and you'll come to just about everything there is to offer. And, you'll go through charming villages and pass spectacular vistas down to the river.
Here you go!
- About the Authors
- Tour of the Nexus Facility
- Picking Up the Dreamcatcher
- Inside the Dreamcatcher
- Fiddle-farting around at the Elkhart Campground
- Leaping into a New Adventure
- Santa Fe, NM KOA
- San Antonio, Texas
- Palmetto Island State Park, Abbeville, LA
- New Orleans, LA
- Post from May 2012: Five Things That RV Life has T...
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Fort Pickens State Park, Gulf Breeze, Pensacola, FL
- MAINE: Boothbay Harbor, East Boothbay and Southpor...
- Maine - Camden and Port Clyde
- Maine: Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park
- Hubbards, Nova Scotia
- Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
- Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
- Tall Ships, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Watching the Filming of the Stephen King TV show, ...
- Reading at the J.S. Shatford Library in Hubbards Cove, Nova Scotia
- Farewell to Nova Scotia
- Je T'aime Quebec!
- Some Bouquets for You!
- Our Love Affair with Quebec City
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Memphis, Tennessee